NIGHT ONE OF BLOG ELEVATED AND ROAD TRIP ESSENTIALS LISTTuesday, October 06, 2015
I love attending blog conferences! Especially if the conference is nearby like Blog Elevated! Blog Elevated or BE was founded by Houston Bloggers Lisa Stauber and Bobbie Byrd, 3 years ago. The first two years of the conference, the event was held in Houston. This year Lisa and Bobbie mixed it up by moving the conference to Dallas. Dallas is about 4 hours from Houston, so it's definitely an easy road trip for those of us attending from H-Town. For the roadtrip, I carpooled with my blogger buddy and friend, Vernetta Freeney, and a lady named Aneechia that I was meeting for the first time driving to the conference! The three of us had lots of fun traveling to and from the conference as you can see from some of our photos below.
Blog Elevated was from Friday, September 18th through the 20th. The 19th and 20th were 2 full days of conferencing while Friday served for a welcome reception and early registartion. We arrived in Dallas around 4 pm, and checked into our hotel. We stayed at the Westin, about 5 minutes from the conference hotel, because we were able to save $40 more dollars a night! Before heading to the welcome reception, we walked across the street to Denny's and got some grub. Road-tripping really makes you hungry! Then it was time to head over to Embassy Suites for the reception! Check out photos from our road trip, and the reception below and be sure to check out my "Road Trip" Essentials list at the end of this post!
The theme of the welcome reception was western wear. Around the room, were classic representations of the south; cowboy hats, bandanas, reds, and blues.
Even thought we just finished eating at Denny's only a couple hours prior, the food at the reception was too yummy to pass up! I definitely had several small plates of yummy goodness.
My favorite blogging moment of 2015 was meeting and interviewing Nigel Barker!
|We ran into some fellow Houston Bloggers at the conference! Say hello to Amber, Wendy, and Jaclyn|
|There's no party without a stop in the photo booth!|
|Photo with Kristal Howard, Kroger PR Manager, and bloggers Brittany Carson and Vernetta Freeney.|
SHASIE'S ROAD TRIP ESSENTIALS LIST
1. Insulated Lunch Bag - Perfect for keeping waters and other drinks cold for the trip
2. Goldfish - Anything that you can snack on
3. Mints - If you're like me, you may tend to get carsick if you aren't driving (which I actually discovered DURING this trip...chewing on mints help with car sickness)
4. Headphones - While I didn't use my headphones on this particular trip, a more crowded trip with lots of people doing different things can be distracting. Tune out on a long road trip by listening to your own jams!
5. Comfortable Shoes - I love a great pair of heels as much as the next girl but when I road trip I'm either in flats or tennis shoes. Try New Balance, Keds, or Franco Sarto shoes!
6. Loose Clothing - Nothing is worse than being stuck in a too-tight pair of jeans for hours in a car. I wore my stretchy denim shorts and a loose crop top, but I would have considered yoga pants and a loose off-the shoulder top. (Check out Old Navy for great deals on yoga pants)
7. Sunglasses - Anything to beat out the glare of the sun during a long road trip
8. Car Charger - Most cars come equipped with charges in the backseat, so if your phone is about to die because you spent the last hour playing candy crush, charge up!