LIVE LIFE IN STYLE 5 YEAR BLOGIVERSARY PARTYFriday, February 06, 2015
February, 11th, 2010, two days after my 26th birthday, I made the decision to start a fashion blog. The blog idea was pitched to me by my friend, Kerry Hanahan who sent me a Facebook message stating that I should start a fashion blog to showcase all of my outfits. I had no idea what a fashion blog was. Sure I had heard of web-blogging and I even had a Livejournal in high school and a Xanga in college, but niche blogging? What was that? She directed me to Jessica Quirk's blog, What I Wore, and not only did I fall in love with her blog, but I loved the idea of blogging everyday about my own personal style. That night I created one, and life as a blogger has been a whirlwind ever since.
5 years later, as I type this post, I can't believe how much time has gone by for myself and my humble blog. What started off as just a hobby to showcase my personal style turned into more than I could ever imagine. Because of this blog, I've done things that I never thought I would do, such as attend New York Fashion Week, interview megawatt Fashion Designers, appear on TV, create an organization, and more! It's been a great 5 years and I hope there's more to come!
To celebrate the 5-Year Anniversary of my blog, I'm hosting an event at one of my favorite Houston boutiques, Lily Rain. The event is open to the public and of course to all of my readers. If you're in town, I hope you're able to stop by! Don't forget to RSVP!
Shasie/Live Life in Style Facts
- The original name of Shasie's blog was Shasie's Fashion Advice. Shasie changed it after her first month of blogging when she realized it was too restricting.
- Shasie works as a full-time Chemical Engineer during the day
- Shasie is the Founder Emeritus of the successful blogger networking group, Houston Fashion Bloggers
- Shasie was hesitant to create social media profiles for her blog, because she didn't see why a blog would have a twitter, or a facebook fanpage account.
- Covering fashion events for Live Life in Style, started when she worked for Fashionably Houston. Fashionably Houston sent her to events around town to cover for their site and that's when she honed her skills in event writing and event coverage.
- For the first 2 years of her blog, Shasie shot using a standard point & shoot
- Her first designer interview was with Mark Badgley and James Mischka at Saks 5th Avenue, Houston Galleria Mall
- Shasie is the Style Editor for FashionMingle.net and Hat Trick Magazine