PRODUCT REVIEW: Limited Edition Mustang by O.P.I Nail Polish CollectionTuesday, October 21, 2014
I am obsessed with nail polish, so getting to try out O.P.I's Mustang by O.P.I collection was amazing. The collection was inspired by the 50th Anniversary of the Ford Mustang, and Ford was gracious enough to send Live Life in Style some polish from the collection! I received four of the 6 colors from the limited-edition collection. I loved these products, they were great! To me, the most annoying thing about buying nail polish is the color inside not being the same color as the bottle. This was not the case with these nail polishes! They did a great job making sure that when you apply the polish, it is still the same color.
I am always on the go and I do not have time to wait for my nail polish to dry. I was very surprised at the drying time for this nail polish. I would apply the polish and literally seconds after my nails were done, they were dry. Definitely great!
Lately I have been obsessed with gold and receiving the gold nail polish, entitled '50 Years of Style' was great. The bright gold, was unexpected, but I am in love with the color!
One of the red colors, 'Race Red', was a favorite of mine! I love red nails because I've always felt they look very glamorous. Race Red was a bright red, just what I expected. One thing I noticed about this color was applying one coat was enough to obtain that vibrant hue! I didn't have to apply multiple coats to achieve the color. One brush stroke was enough for that great red hue.
Overall, I really enjoyed the nail polish. I am not the most talented “nail artist” I do love to do designs on my nails, and the colors were fun to do designs with! The drying time still amazes me! I was not expecting such quick dry nails. I plan to visit my local beauty store to try out the other colors because I was definitely impressed with the pony pack! For more information on the collaboration between Ford & OPI check out the snippets from their press release below:
OPI and Ford Motor Company are going full throttle and taking the “pedi to the metal” with the official launch of the limited-edition nail lacquer collection inspired by the popular Ford Mustang. The OPI Ford Mustang collection features six Mustang-inspired shades that are set to hit U.S. stores this year! Coinciding with Mustang 50th anniversary celebrations this year, OPI marks the milestone with a standout collection of colors – all capturing the spirit, passion and excitement of Ford Mustang.
“For five decades, Mustang has represented some of the best of American culture, inspiring a feeling of freedom and independence,” says Melanie Banker, Mustang marketing manager. “We are excited to celebrate the iconic Ford Mustang with OPI and tell its story through color.”
Pony-Up With Color
Developed by OPI Co-Founder and EVP Suzi Weiss-Fischmann, the collection uniquely expresses the spirit of Mustang.
“Nail color, just like the car she drives, is the ultimate expression of a woman’s personality,” says Weiss-Fischmann. “Automobiles are synonymous with style, and there is a special kind of love affair between a woman and her car.
“These lacquers celebrate a woman’s pursuit of excitement and invite OPI fans to accentuate their personal style and embrace Mustang’s adventurous spirit through color,” she adds.
Ford Mustang by OPI includes these six limited-edition shades:
- Race Red: The hero color of the collection, Race Red pays tribute to one of Mustang’s signature colors and brings to life the passion and excitement of the iconic car
- 50 Years of Style: Just like Mustang, celebrate all your milestones with this made-to-party golden pearl
- Queen of the Road: Inspired by Mustang’s dramatic and perfectly appointed cabin, a black interior evokes sophistication and will always be a classic – just like the little black dress
- Girls Love Ponies: A woman is multifaceted; this grown-up pink acts as a reminder of her femininity, even as she takes to the wheel of the powerful pony
- Angel with a Leadfoot: Drive up and say “halo” to this celestial white. Whether worn alone or as an accent, white is essential to a woman’s wardrobe and to making a statement
- The Sky’s My Limit: There is nothing like the freedom of the open road and shimmering, endless blue sky. This aqua hue awakens a woman’s sense of adventure and is a trend shade for summer going into the fall.
“Color is very personal to people and to how they express themselves,” said Susan Lampinen, Group Chief Designer, Color and Material, Ford Motor Company. “Similarly, color plays a key role in defining the character of a vehicle: Mustang paint colors need to denote performance, sportiness, and power. They are expressive, bold and eye-catching colors, like the ones chosen for this limited edition collection.”