MARKET SQUARE PARK

Sunday, July 10, 2011

WARNING: PHOTO HEAVY BLOG POST

On Sunday, I attempted to take Tara to my favorite brunch spot in Downtown Houston called Macondo's but for some reason they are ALWAYS closed the day before a holiday! So annoying! I can see be closed on Monday for the 4th, but seriously?? Sunday! Anyway we ate at my second fav brunch spot next door called Hearsay Lounge. After that we explored Market Square Park which is also near these brunch locations. I've always wanted to take blog photos in this park, so I'm so happy that Tara didn't mind taking my picture!!
Ensemble:
Shorts: New York & Company
Ankle Booties: Paprika (Burlington)
Tank: New York & Company
Cross-body Bag: New York & Company
Scarf: Don't Remember
Sunglasses: Fendi

The park also has a dog park, and they have this cute dog statue near the park!

This weird looking art structure was cool, so we took photos in front of this too!
Then we did the unthinkable...we took off our shoes and jumped in the artsy fountain!

Luv,

You Might Also Like

51 comments

1. wow those pics look amazing ! love the shoes !
    have you seen my new post ,

2. Fabrizia SpinelliJuly 10, 2011 at 10:47 AM

Hi! I like this post so much, you look really great!
    If you want come and visit my blog, and if you like, follow me!

ReplyDelete
  3. Hey missy! I found those little plates here. http://www.etsy.com/listing/62733522/custom-tiny-text-bowl-by-palomas-nest

jen

ReplyDelete
  4. Cute outfit! Perfect for the hot weather, eyh? Oh it must feel so good to splash around the fountain in sunny weather. You look like you had a ton of fun! :D

ReplyDelete
  5. The park is pretty amazing! And you look great--- I especially love that you are rocking those shoes!

ReplyDelete
  6. So glad I stumbled upon your site b.c I love those Paprika booties!

Currently followin', hope you'll do the same.
    www.jumpinjackss.blogspot.com

ReplyDelete
  7. love how much fun you two look like your having!

ReplyDelete
  8. Daaaaaang, girl! Your legs are perfect for shorts! And then you add a great pair of shoes on the end of them...I'm jealous!

ReplyDelete
  9. Great pictures! Looks like you ladies had fun even though your brunch spot has weird hours. I love your head scarf and booties! So cute!

ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness that dog statue is so adorable! Also, I love those heels! :)

Meanz (Koi Story)

11. The Compassion Fashion ProjectJuly 10, 2011 at 7:08 PM

Love all that art! Btw, I had Elizabeth, my facebook admin., "like" your Fashiolista contest:-) I know, I am the last person on the face of the earth to not have a personal FB page...lol! Love you, lady~Meredith xoxo

12. Style & PoiseJuly 10, 2011 at 7:12 PM

Cute shoes and great location!!!! The dog statue is too cute!

Roni

ReplyDelete
  13. You guys look like you all had fun. My most favorite part of the outfit was the boots!

ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Krystal! They are my fav ankle boots!

ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks girlie!! teehee, I love that statue!

ReplyDelete
  16. Aww, thanks so much Meredith, I appreciate it! Hope you join one day! See if Elizabeth wants to join my fashion bloggers group on facebook too!

ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks girlie! Right, goofy Macondo's...but I still love them!

ReplyDelete
  18. We had a blast! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Jackie! Of course I will check out your blog! I'm glad that you liked it enough to follow! Means a lot!

20. Thanks Alexis, this park is so cheery to me

ReplyDelete
  21. Haha, I felt like a kid again playing in that fountain. It was so fun!

ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks so much Jen! They are so chic!

ReplyDelete
  23. Really love your pictures!!!!!!! You look great - as usual!
    XO Carrie
    www.carriefabulous.com

ReplyDelete
  24. Haha,,,you guys looked have so much fun in the park! I like the one you sat on the DOG :)

ReplyDelete
  25. Looked like you guys had a lot of fun! I love those shoes and to answer your question, Vegas is the BEST at New Years! The streets are crowded though and it's freezing but fun nevertheless!!!

26. Great pics, honey!Love the shoes!xx

ReplyDelete
  27. What a cool place to photograph! I particularly love the mosaic benches/table. So pretty!

28. great photos! what an awesome park!! <3 EverRubyGirl.blogspot.com

29. foodfashionandflowJuly 11, 2011 at 2:27 AM

That park looks amazing! What a great setting for photos. You both look cute!

ReplyDelete
  30. Oh great shots honey!!!Love your boots!

31. jardelle picturesJuly 11, 2011 at 4:32 AM

you look happy and beautiful http://jardelle-beauty.blogspot.com

32. jardelle picturesJuly 11, 2011 at 4:32 AM

you look beautiful and happy http://jardelle-beauty.blogspot.com

33. HerlatenightcravingsJuly 11, 2011 at 8:10 AM

Looks like you guys had a great day!! Love all of the photos!

Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

34. GirlinsunglassesJuly 11, 2011 at 1:49 PM

Gorgeous sashie!! great outfit, and amazing place!! definitely i want to visit USA!!
    Kisses dear!

ReplyDelete
  35. I hate when restaurants do that! Happens to me all the time.. Loving the pictures by the way!

All the best, Angel

36. FashionmakeuplifestyleJuly 11, 2011 at 7:02 PM

Shasie I love this look on you....my goodness...HELLO LEGS!!! and so sweet of your friend to take the pics and also to be part of it post.!! Great location.

<3 Marina
    Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle

ReplyDelete
  37. That's one of my favs too! That statue is too cute!

ReplyDelete
  38. oooh, I was inspired by your mentioning of going there for New Years and I asked one of my best friends if she would be interested in going to Vegas this year! I will have to ask you for tips!

ReplyDelete
  39. Thanks Jane, yes I was so excited when they renovated this park! I was highly impressed with the final outcome!

ReplyDelete
  40. Thanks LV, I'll definitely be going to this park more often!

ReplyDelete
  41. Aww thanks so nice! That was so kind of you!

ReplyDelete
  42. Thank you!! Let me know if you make it over seas! I've always wanted to visit Spain!

ReplyDelete
  43. Thanks Angel...yea so annoying, I want to say something the next time I go in!

ReplyDelete
  44. Teehee, thank you girlie! Yea she didn't mind! I always feel bad asking people to take my pictures because I'm a picture psycho and ask for so many. That's why my unable to talk tripod is my blogger best friend! haha

ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, however please do not leave comments asking for following swaps. I would prefer that you follow my blog because you love the content and not because you want me to follow your blog back.

Shasie