WHAT I WORE: Picnic Time!

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Yellow | Everybody, Everywear

Sometime last week, I was reading Natalie's blog Natalie Off Duty, and she had pictures up from a blogger picnic that she attended in Central Park in Manhattan. It looked so cute, and I started thinking to myself; "When's the last time I've attended a picnic?" It's been years!! So I decided to organize one with my friends here in Houston. The only difference is, in Houston, it's almost too hot for picnics but we managed to survive somehow. :-)

Ensemble:
Dress: Old Navy
Belt: Burlington
Shoes: Payless
Hat: Target
Lipstick: Impassioned (MAC)
Necklace: Vendor at Houston International Festival

I knew this was the dress I was going to wear to the picnic as soon as I came up with the idea to have a picnic. It's so perfect for this occasion! I have lines underneath it because I was wearing my bathing suit under it. I picked Houston's Discovery Green Park because they were hosting Target's World's Largest Sprinkler, so we thought we'd be running through it.................................Well the sprinkler was so whack. It was no more than a glorified lawn sprinkler, and even had the nerve to have less water pressure than a lawn sprinkler!!  Not only that, but there was a LINE to go through it...are you kidding? I just wanted it to be open with people allowed to run through it freely. I was not about to WAIT IN LINE, IN THE HEAT for this thing!

Luckily for us, Discovery Green was built with it's own water jets, that "kids" run through all the time, and they were still running, so Natalia and I went through the below sprinklers instead with all the little kids, which was way more fun than walking through the Target Sprinkler.

Outfit Details

Luv,

You Might Also Like

58 comments

1. I LOVE the yellow on you! The picnic looks like so much fun! You look so great and summery!

ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like so much fun! I may have to copy your idea! Oh and I LOVE this outfit on you. It may be my absolute favorite!

ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH... you look adorable! I want an LA blogger picnic now!!! This looks so fun and I love everything about your outfit...

ReplyDelete
  4. your shoes are too cute! I want to go on a picnic now too.
    Rach
    www.sugarfilledcloset.com

ReplyDelete
  5. You look awesome, I love yellow and you wear it so well. :)

xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag

ReplyDelete
  6. It looks alike you had great time!Beautiful yellow girl ;)!

7. GirlinsunglassesJune 27, 2011 at 4:06 AM

Great pics!! I don´t go to picnic, since i was a little girl!! It must be fun!!
    Houston looks a great place!! Maybe one day i can visit!! I will like it!
    And i told you, i love how yellow looks in you!
    Kisses!!

ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous summer dress!! Old Navy always has great dresses for the summer :)

ReplyDelete
  9. great colour dress ! It goes so well with your skintone !

New post up on my blog

ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous lemon dress and shoes, love the hat on you too!

x
    Michelle
    www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com

11. I m loving d hat :)
    N u look sweet in dat outfit...!!

ReplyDelete
  12. This dress looks great on you!Love the sandals and the green nail polish!xoxo

ReplyDelete
  13. I think the hat would be even cooler when bigger (like your friend's one). And your green nailpolish is great!! :)

ReplyDelete
  14. I love love love your dress from old navy! and the hat is perfect. you look picture-eque and great outfit for a picnic :P

15. The Compassion Fashion ProjectJune 27, 2011 at 9:32 AM

What a cutie patootie! Makes me want to plan a picnic and get dressed up, too:-)

16. NotafashionbloggerJune 27, 2011 at 9:41 AM

.............I love these pictures!!! I'll go out and have a picnic right now!!!!
    xx

17. HerlatenightcravingsJune 27, 2011 at 10:37 AM

Perfect outfit for a picnic. Love the dress and hat combo!

Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

ReplyDelete
  18. adorable yellow dress! It's funny you mention blogger picnics; I'm a coordinator for the NY Fashion Bloggers Meet Up group and we've managed to get people to start them in other cities...maybe you could start one in Houston!

XO Sahra
    EffortlessCool

ReplyDelete
  19. This hat is garden party worthy! Fantastic - you look cool and chic, even though I know it must have been super hot and humid!

20. foodfashionandflowJune 27, 2011 at 2:24 PM

You look so chic! I love yellow and it looks really good on you. That green polish is the perfect color pop. It looks like you had a great time!

21. FashionmakeuplifestyleJune 27, 2011 at 3:20 PM

I love your dress and shoes are adorable!!! So glad you girls survived the hot weather and still managed to look fabulous dolls! Great pics girly.

<3 Marina
    Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle

ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks girl! It was soo fun, hot but fun!

ReplyDelete
  23. Teehee! Thanks! It was so comfy for a picnic!

ReplyDelete
  24. You and Alexis should definitely organize one!! Thank you!!

ReplyDelete
  25. haha right! Natalie inspired me, and now I can inspire others :-)

ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks Federica! I did, it was a wonderful time!

ReplyDelete
  27. If you're ever here let me know!! You'll love it here. Right that was same for me...years since I've been to a picnic!

ReplyDelete
  28. Yes they do, and great prices for them too!

ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks Michelle!! Glad you like it!

ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks so much! Really appreciate it!

ReplyDelete
  31. teehee, green and yellow, I was definitely bright yesterday!

ReplyDelete
  32. I agree! I need to find a Bigger Hat! I would definitely help more with the sun!

33. Isn't it great!? I was so inspired I had to have my own picnic! lolol

ReplyDelete
  34. Yay you should do it!!! Picnic in L'Italia!

ReplyDelete
  35. Oh wow that's cool. I bet you have tons of bloggers up there to participate. I'm trying to find more Houston Bloggers here, but as soon as I do, I'm going to organize events for us! I'll come to you for ideas! :-)

ReplyDelete
  36. Yea girl...we were dying. I had to run through those sprinklers at one point...Houston definitely not ideal for picnics! lol

ReplyDelete
  37. Thanks LV! I had a blast, and I love that nail polish color!

ReplyDelete
  38. Thanks Marina!! Haha, yea I don't know how we still looked chic with the amount of sweat we were generating! LOLOL But I ran through the water and that helped a little bit. Pics are post water...haha

ReplyDelete
  39. i really don't remember when was my last pic nic.....you look great in yellow

ReplyDelete
  40. bright and sunny :) very cute idea having a picnic. http://indieelectronicalternative.blogspot.com/

ReplyDelete
  41. Thanks Fede! You and Francesca should organize one of there for the bloggers!

ReplyDelete
  42. Everything looks so cute and fun!, now I want to organize a picnic!.
    Lovely dress girl,
    Lots of hugs!
    xx

ReplyDelete
  43. A picnic sounds like so much fun! And you chose the perfect picnic-ing outfit :D I love how the shoes match your dress perfectly!

ReplyDelete
  44. Thanks Jane! I can't wait to have another one...maybe in the Fall when it's cooler though...lol

Shasie
    Live Life in Style

ReplyDelete
  45. oooh, I LOVE those shoes! super cute!!!

ReplyDelete
  46. Thanks Ife! They are super fun!

ReplyDelete
  47. Thanks! Yay I love giveaways! I will stop by to enter!

ReplyDelete
  48. Looks like I already entered :-)

ReplyDelete
  49. Totally love the hat and the yellow earrings. :)

Cheers,
    Cathy | Tips on Good Custom Digitizing

ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, however please do not leave comments asking for following swaps. I would prefer that you follow my blog because you love the content and not because you want me to follow your blog back.

Shasie